-->

Abraham Lincoln Quotes About America

Let every American, every lover of liberty, every well wisher to his posterity, swear by the blood of the Revolution, never to violate in the least particular, the laws of the country; and never to tolerate their violation by others.
~Abraham Lincoln

As I would not be a slave, so I would not be a master. This expresses my idea of democracy.
~Abraham Lincoln

I expect to maintain this contest until successful, or till I die, or am conquered, or my term expires, or Congress or the country forsakes me.
~Abraham Lincoln

I go for all sharing the privileges of the government, who assist in bearing its burthens.

I must, in candor, say I do not think myself fit for the Presidency.
~Abraham Lincoln

Read: Abraham Lincoln Quotes About Good
Read: Abraham Lincoln Quotes About Life

I think the authors of that notable instrument [the Declaration of Independence] intended to include all men.
~Abraham Lincoln

I would save the Union. I would save it the shortest way under the Constitution. The sooner the national authority can be restored; the nearer the Union will be "the Union as it was."
~Abraham Lincoln

My case is thrown exclusively upon the independent voters of this county, and if elected they will have conferred a favor upon me, for which I shall be unremitting in my labors to compensate.
~Abraham Lincoln

Our common country is in great peril, demanding the loftiest views, and boldest action to bring it speedy relief.
~Abraham Lincoln

Read: Abraham Lincoln Quotes About Strategy
Read: Abraham Lincoln Quotes About Time


Our government rests in public opinion. Whoever can change public opinion, can change the government, practically just so much.
~Abraham Lincoln

Some think him conceited, and arrogant; but has he not reason to entertain a rather extensive opinion of himself? Is he not the inventor and owner of the present, and sole hope of the future?
~Abraham Lincoln

Understanding the spirit of our institutions to aim at the elevation of man, I am opposed to whatever tends to degrade them.
~Abraham Lincoln

We have all heard of Young America. He is the most current youth of the age.
~Abraham Lincoln

Click to comment